San Angelo Standard-Times Marriage Records
Enter your ancestor's name below and we'll search marriage records to help you learn more.
Recent Newspaper Clippings
San Angelo Standard-Times Marriage Records
Are you an amateur genealogist or a resident family historian? Then you know how important marriage records can be to uncovering the faces of the men and women who make up your family tree.
With GenealogyBank, you can look up San Angelo San Angelo Standard-Times marriage records from more than 330 years of U.S. history. With more digitized marriage records than anyone else, you can search for your ancestors with nothing more than a last name.
Why are San Angelo San Angelo Standard-Times marriage records online such valuable resources for constructing your family tree?
- Marriage records often included the names of the parents.
- Find real maiden names.
- Discover where the newlyweds resided before and after their wedding.
These are just some of the reasons why San Angelo San Angelo Standard-Times marriage license records can help you to learn more about those elusive family members.
Additionally, with a GenealogyBank search, you can use public marriage records in the San Angelo San Angelo Standard-Times to double-check pieces of information you already have.
Here’s what you need to know about conducting a San Angelo San Angelo Standard-Times marriage license search.
How to Search for San Angelo San Angelo Standard-Times Marriage Records Online
How do you find marriage records within the San Angelo San Angelo Standard-Times marriage database?
The first step is to figure out which ancestor you want to search for. Simply enter their last name and press the “Search” button. You’ll instantly see all the results that match your ancestor’s last name.
For a successful San Angelo San Angelo Standard-Times marriage license search, you need to narrow down your results.
Employ these five steps when tracking down your ancestors to get more accurate results.
- Step One – Enter the full names of both the bride and the groom to filter your results.
- Step Two – Add in some keywords, such as the neighborhood they lived in or their parent’s names.
- Step Three – Exclude certain keywords if you know certain information about your ancestor isn’t true.
- Step Four – If you know roughly when your ancestor got married, use a year range. Remember, San Angelo San Angelo Standard-Times marriage records may not have been published at the precise time the marriage was announced.
- Step Five – Alter the search order of your results. GenealogyBank filters your results by best match, but you can also filter by oldest and newest results.
For additional tips on a successful search, download our free guide “Tips for Searching Newspapers” now.
Tips for a Successful San Angelo San Angelo Standard-Times Marriage License Search
Every family researcher runs into blind alleys and dead ends occasionally. Don’t give up on your ancestors.
Firstly, you need to know why problems happen. The further into the past you search, the more difficult it becomes. As well as needing to filter through thousands of marriage records, mistakes were made.
High levels of illiteracy and the tradition of taking down information orally led to mistakes. Particularly when it came to newspapers, there were no official audits to confirm the accuracy of the information given.
Here are some advanced tips for looking through public marriage records in the San Angelo San Angelo Standard-Times.
- Find female ancestors by searching for the bride’s maiden name.
- Alter the order of first and middle names. It wasn’t uncommon for people to change their names unofficially.
- Include common misspellings.
- Search for military records if you can’t find a marriage record.
- Look for church newsletters and bulletins as they often included marriage announcements.
While it can be a time-consuming process to uncover the San Angelo San Angelo Standard-Times marriage license records you’re looking for, it’s a rewarding one.
Ultimately, if you’re finding it hard to get any new information about an ancestor, try coming forward a generation and working your way backward.
The Value of Our San Angelo San Angelo Standard-Times Marriage Database
Newspapers were the primary method of communication for communities for centuries. The major events of the lives of your ancestors can all be found within local newspapers.
San Angelo San Angelo Standard-Times marriage records from GenealogyBank is one of the largest local databases of marriage records in the country. Our database covers more than 330 years of U.S. history, and 95% of these newspaper records cannot be found anywhere else.
Marriage records are a particularly valuable source of information because they often included small biographies. These marriage biographies offer a window into history and an opportunity to find out who these people were, beyond the names.
Some other types of information you can find in some newspaper marriage records include:
- Where the couple lived.
- Where the newlyweds got married.
- Who the couple’s parents were.
- Photos of the bride, which may be the only picture the bride ever took at that age.
The GenealogyBank San Angelo San Angelo Standard-Times marriage database is a treasure trove of information that enables genealogy enthusiasts the chance to dig beyond dusty government records.
Uncover the real people in your family tree and learn more about who they were.