Getting the most out
Starting at the homepage try entering a last name into the Last Name box and searching. You will be directed to a overview of your results. Afterwards you may wish to Refine Your Search.
- First and Last Name - The first and last name you enter will be found in any order, within a few words of each other. So for example entering "William" and "Smith" will find "William Smith", "William H. Smith", "Smith, William" in the text.
- Include keyword - A keyword, such as the name of a school or town, will be found anywhere in the text.
- Exclude keyword - A keyword to exclude, such as the name of a state if you are uninterested in those items.
- Year Range - Entering a year range will find items published within those years. You may enter a single date to find items published only on that day.
- Show First - Sort by oldest, newest, or best matches first.